Monday, January 11, 2010

My Big Boy & the Crying Squirrel

Jackson really wants to be a big boy. For example, he really likes to drink out of my glass or use my water bottle. Even if I put whatever I am drinking in a sippie cup, he still wants to drink mine instead. The other day he was really chugging from my water bottle and I was trying to help him realize that he had it tipped too far, but he didn't care. He wanted to do it his way, which is why I didn't feel as guilty when I grabbed the camera before I grabbed the towel.

Also, this is kind of random, but have you ever heard the sound a squirrel makes? Jackson and I were eating breakfast and heard a really weird animal sound on our back porch. I took this video. This squirrel sounds like a really obnoxious, whiney baby. Weird. If the video was better quality, you can actually see his mouth moving each time he makes the sound. He must be sick of the rain too.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I have NEVER heard a squirrel make that noise before. Weird. Must be a mating call. Or maybe Washington squirrels speak a different language than the Idaho squirrels I am used to.

I love that picture of Jackson. Awesome.

Kari said...

I know what you mean by grabbing the camera first. Sometimes I watch Tristan cry for just a second before I realize what I'm doing. It is just so cute and he doesn't really do it very much.

p.s. it's funny how many sounds resemble a baby. It seems like every whirring house-hold appliance becomes Tristan fussing upstairs. I feel like I might be going crazy sometimes.