Monday, May 24, 2010

Funny Faces and Finger Pokes

In the past few weeks we have enjoyed a sunny day at the zoo and a rainy day at the aquarium. We're lucky to have friends to play with while Tyler's head is buried in the books for finals.
I love Jackson's face in this one. He's smiling like he honestly believes he can pull the pole out of the ground.
I love his face in this one even more. I don't even know how to assign a caption to this one. It's just too good.
We also had to visit the doctor again this week to have Jackson's iron level tested. The guy who did the blood drawing struggled a little, despite how well-behaved Jackson was (which never happens at the doctor's office. It was a miracle). I won't call the guy any mean names because Jackson is a word-sponge right now. And I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that we left with 2 poked fingers, and Jackson's arm was covered in blood.
Anyway, at the end of the ordeal they let Jackson choose a prize from the toy box. I tried to encourage him to pick one of the bouncy balls or rubber frogs, but this was all he wanted. He insisted, and Daddy wasn't there so I smiled and allowed it. He was so pround of his little yellow bracelet.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Well, at least it is kind of a manly rope bracelet. Not all shiny and plastic. Love it.

Meagan said...

Love the bracelet. Asher has been telling me recently that he wants earrings, and then he tries to play with my blush brush and nurses his puppy dog (stuffed not real). It just gets more funny for moms and mortifying for dads! I do always explain that only mommies wear earrings, make up and nurse babies. :)