Friday, August 27, 2010

I have a "job"

I started my new job in June and spent the summer working. It was... well... a lot of work, but it was also a lot of play. My job includes office work, on-call shifts, and even a few Excel spreadsheets (yay!). But it also includes the aspect that can best be described as "party-planning". I get to host events for the apartment community and it's a lot of fun. Here's a couple of pictures from the events this summer.
We had a water play day with giant, inflatable water slides and a picnic.
Jackson enjoyed the watermelon the most. I saw him eat at least 6 slices, which doesn't include all the pieces he must have snuck while I was distracted.
Getting ready to go down the big slide together. I'm not sure how I ended up doing this while Tyler stayed dry the entire time. This picture makes me love my camera. Look at the water droplets frozen in the air. Love it.
And this is Jackson modeling for me while I photograph the "bug treats" that we made for a toddler activity. I did this event myself and learned one important thing... it was way too much sugar for toddlers. Next year I want to include more bug-shaped fruit and vegetable items.
Bug treats

1 comment:

Meagan said...

What did you use for those spider legs? I am watching a little boy Asher's age on Tuesdays and we are going to start going through the alphabet next week and making Bug treats would be great for B!