Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just a Weekend

Some weekends are particularly fabulous. This was one of those weekends, and I'd like to document it for my own memory.
Friday Night:
Tyler had an intramural football game. I have been really impressed with how good he is. His team is all dental school guys and they are pretty funny to watch. Plus, I'm pretty sure we're the only intramural team that has 5-10 kids running around on the sidelines at any given time. Anyway, Tyler scored the final touchdown of the game for the 2nd week in a row. They were up by several touchdowns in both games, so he didn't technically win it for them, but it still makes me proud. After the game, we picked up a $6 Dominos Pizza and a $1 Redbox... my kind of date night. Tyler read Jackson his favorite book "Tanka, Tanka, Skunk." (If you haven't read it, you should. Jackson giggles everytime we read it. It's a simple, silly book, but still fun.) Tyler has been really busy with his 2nd year, which we knew was coming, but it's still hard to only see him for a few hours before bed each night. Jackson has been particualry missing him, so I think he enjoyed having a little extra time with his dad this weekend. After Jackson went to bed, Tyler and I watched the new Robin Hood. I REALLY love that movie.
Enjoying story time
Love the smile. He's way too happy to have all of his dad's attention.
Saturday:
Saturday we decorated pumpkins. It's one of my favorite traditions, but we skipped it last year since Jackson was too young to really get it. This year we let him do paint and stickers and he definately enjoyed himself. He did NOT want his picture taken. He hates having his shirt off, but it's just easier for messy projects.
Tyler carved the joker from Batman.
And the results... They turned out quite nicely.
Jamie's pumpkin. Jackson requested Shrek.
Tyler's pumpkin. (which also happens to be the back side of my pumpkin... I love being poor college students) Jackson was a little nervous about the scary face.

No comments: