Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Funny, Mostly Appropriate Quotes

Last night, my sisters, my mom, and I made sugar cookies so that my sister, Lindsay, could use them to tell a boy "yes" to the dance he asked her to. We waited until pretty late to get started, so we were up late and a little loopy, but we had a blast and laughed the whole night. Here's some of the best quotes of the night. We're not as mean as we sound. It's all in good fun. And it's not 100% G-rated. Just a warning. Whitney (my youngest sister): Lindsay, are you going to put a note with the cookies so that he knows they're cookies and that he can eat them? Lindsay (my other sister, the one going to the dance): I don't know what kind of idiot would look at these and not realize they were cookies. Me (to Whitney): Probably the same kind of idiot that would ask Lindsay to the dance. We better include a note. (I'm not mean. We were just joking and she paid me back later. See below.) Whitney (my youngest sister) dropped her special heart cookie on the floor and it broke. Mom: Come on Whitney. Just pick your broken heart up off the floor. (Corny, but for some reason we laughed really hard. The timing was too perfect.) Lindsay tried to make a multi-colored cookie with a smiley face that didn't turn out too well. Me: It was a nice idea, but the execution was a little shoddy. Lindsay: Funny... that's what mom and dad say about you. And finally, the night before we had watched The Bachelor and our brother-in-law-in-law (sort of) made a comment about how one of the girls was a "ho". My youngest sister, Whitney, is so sweet and innocent and must have been thinking about that comment because out of the blue she says "So, a ho is basically a prosecutor, right?"

No comments: