Monday, September 13, 2010

15k

After Tyler did his triathalon, I decided I should do something like that too. I talked my friend into training for a 15k (9.3 miles). For any of you who run, that probably doesn't sound like much, but for someone like me, it was a big deal. We only had 5 weeks to train (which ended up being about 3 weeks if you don't count the time that I was either sick or injured). Well, Saturday was the race and somehow I made it. I finished the race in 1 hour 33 minutes. My goal was to do it in under 2 hours, so I was proud of the accomplishment. Unfortunately, the camera was on the wrong settings and all of the race pictures turned out blurry (or maybe I was just running that fast), but there were a couple of cute post-race pictures.
Jackson enjoying my post-race cookies. Apparently he thought he had earned them.
My friend and her cute family. Our husbands are in school together, we work together, we live across the parking lot from each other, and now we run races together :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go! I'm so proud...so are you headed for a 1/2 marathon next?! I think you should do it!

Lara Zierke said...

Yay!

robin marie said...

Nice job!

The Piersons said...

Nice job Jamie!