Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's better than St. Patrick's Day?

Yesterday was "Happy Finals-Are-Over Day". (and we all wore green to celebrate) We have officially survived the first 2 quarters of dental school, and now we have a week and a half off. Yesteday, Tyler kicked off the celebration by playing Xbox for 6+ hours with one of his dental school buddies, Geoff. Finals were killer this semester, so I figured they earned it.
Don't they look cute all huddled up 2 feet from the TV?
Then we went to half-price burger night with Geoff and his wife Sarah, and they took us to see the famous Fremont Troll... way creepier than I expected it to be.

Jackson didn't really like the troll either. I don't blame him.

The VW Beetle being smashed by the troll Here's us with Geoff and Sarah.
We've had a great start to dental school, but we decided we were ready for a little break from the city. So tomorrow morning we are driving up north to Anacortes and hopping on a ferry to the San Juan Islands. We will be spending our weekend in Friday Harbor enjoying good food, breathing in the island air, and relaxing in the hot tub. It'll be our first official family vacation with just the 3 of us. I think I'll even turn off my cell phone :)

3 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

San Juan Islands - that's it! That's where Emily went on her honeymoon and said it was so wonderful. I told you it had a Spanish name. She went in the fall and caught the killer whales migrating south. I wonder if you'll catch them coming home. So jealous. YAY!

Lara Zierke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lara Zierke said...

That deleted comment was mine. My other comment was duplicated. Just wanted to let you know that it wasn't someone weird. Well, weird is relative. It wasn't some creeper.